The director of the CIDER co-ordinates the public health aspects of the new undergraduate medical curriculum at UCT. Staff are also involved in teaching and supervision on the existing 4th year MBChB Public Health and Family Medicine course.
Centre staff convene or teach on a number of modules on the Masters in Public Health (MPH) programme, including:
- Public Health and Society (Co-convenor, Dr Christopher Colvin)
- Introduction to Epidemiology (Convenor, Anna Grimsrud)
- Advanced Epidemiology (Convener, Assoc Prof Landon Myer)
- Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases (Convener, Dr David Coetzee)
- Clinical Research Methods (Convenor, Assoc Prof Landon Myer)
- Clinical Research Seminars (Convenor, Assoc Prof Landon Myer)
- Qualitative Research Methods (Covenor, Dr Christopher Colvin)
Assoc Prof Landon Myer is also an Assistant Convenor on the MPH degree programme and coordinates the Clinical Research track.
Postgraduate students on the MPH and enrolled for doctoral studies are also supervised in the Centre, together with Public Health Registrars preparing for fellowship examinations.
Full detail of post-graduate courses offered in the School are available here.
back to top